4.30.2010

{ hello baby! }

Another baby shower, this time for a baby girl! I'm a girly girl at heart so I had so much fun with the decorating and making everything pink and girly :)

Growing up, I love love loved lacy party dresses, red sequin shoes a la Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and twirling in frilly tutus. Somewhere down the line, I traded in the lacy party dresses and the red sequin shoes (that momma would never let me get) for jeans and sneakers. But I find myself being drawn back to all the girly stuffy. I'll see something sparkly and think ' yes, please!' or I'll see something sweet and pretty and think ' I heart, must have now!'. Hello girly me!

I digress...word on the street was that the soon-to-be-momma loves red velvet so I made some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, adorable mini pink flower vanilla cupcakes with swiss meringue buttercream , and iced baby carriage sugar cookies (pink of course!). Honestly, my favorites were the mini flower cupcakes - so cute! so pretty! so girly! They were so much fun to pipe and the more I piped the happier I got. By the end of the night, I had surrounded myself in a sea of cute little pink flowers. Mini always = cute; it's a rule!

                     

2 comments:

Annie Cho said...

omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Wendy said...

Love the site! Your stuff looks amazing!