3.23.2010

{ 2 + 8 = 10 }

I swear it's true...at least when it comes to birthdays :) In honor of a bfffff's 28th or 10th (who's counting, really?), I made her a Quatchi birthday cake to celebrate. Who/What is Quatchi you say? Only the greatest Sasquatch ever who also happens to snowboard, ski, bobsled, and does all Vancouver Olympic events!

Quatchi watches while I eat my pancakes

Quatchi was a success! He tasted great (even his blue earmuffs and giant feet, which were made Ace of Cakes style with Rice Krispie treats) and I wasn't tooooo stressed from making the cake. Minor panic attacks did occur I will admit - it was a hot hot day and even hotter in my apt, which made the buttercream weepy so I had to constantly put Quatchi and buttercream back in the fridge to firm up again. I also underestimated how much buttercream would be needed to frost Quatchi. By the end I was scraping the mixing bowls and squeezing every last drop out of the pastry bag.

Recap: Quatchi is the greatest Sasquatch ever, who also happens to be a chocolate root beer cake with coffee whipped "mousse" filling, covered with chocolate and vanilla swiss meringue buttercream and topped off with rice krispie earmuffs and feet!




Happy Happy Birthday!! To many more years of crazy adventures and ridiculous stories to giggle over! :)

No comments: